- RSS Channel Showcase 8575016
- RSS Channel Showcase 3039165
- RSS Channel Showcase 1288039
- RSS Channel Showcase 2700116
Articles on this Page
- 12/12/07--10:15: _Pizza Fusion To Sub...
- 12/12/07--10:30: _NYC Approves Replac...
- 12/13/07--00:00: _Green Marketing Get...
- 12/13/07--05:16: _Fed Judge Says Cali...
- 12/13/07--05:54: _De Boer: Without Ag...
- 12/13/07--06:30: _IBM Touts Project B...
- 12/13/07--07:02: _67% Of Consumers Wi...
- 12/13/07--08:18: _Sears, Kmart To Pha...
- 12/13/07--10:08: _Executive Mindset D...
- 12/13/07--10:25: _Greenpeace Enlists ...
- 12/14/07--07:25: _Senate Passes Energ...
- 12/14/07--08:11: _Bali Envoys Close I...
- 12/14/07--08:46: _FedEx Brings Up Rea...
- 12/14/07--09:18: _Marks & Spencer Chi...
- 12/14/07--09:53: _Al Gore Speech From...
- 12/14/07--11:20: _BT Takes Award For ...
- 12/14/07--11:56: _Northwest Pledges $...
- 12/14/07--12:12: _1% Of UK Businesses...
- 12/17/07--05:28: _Recycline Takes Boo...
- 12/17/07--08:18: _Bali Compromise Lea...
- 12/12/07--10:15: Pizza Fusion To Subway: We’re Still Greener
- 12/12/07--10:30: NYC Approves Replacing Crown Victorias With Hybrids
- 12/13/07--00:00: Green Marketing Gets Its Own Effie
- 12/13/07--05:16: Fed Judge Says California Can Regulate Auto Emissions
- 12/13/07--06:30: IBM Touts Project Big Green To Media Executives
- 12/13/07--07:02: 67% Of Consumers Willing To Pay More For Green Power
- 12/13/07--08:18: Sears, Kmart To Phase Out PVC
- 12/13/07--10:08: Executive Mindset Drives Sustainability Success
- 12/14/07--07:25: Senate Passes Energy Bill
- 12/14/07--08:11: Bali Envoys Close In On Compromise Agreement
- 12/14/07--08:46: FedEx Brings Up Rear In ‘Climate Counts’ Shipper Rankings
- 12/14/07--09:18: Marks & Spencer Chief Tops List Of Ethical Leaders
- 12/14/07--09:53: Al Gore Speech From Bali
- 12/14/07--11:20: BT Takes Award For Sustainability Reporting
- 12/14/07--12:12: 1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
- 12/17/07--05:28: Recycline Takes Boost Your Business Award
- 12/17/07--08:18: Bali Compromise Leads To ‘Action Plan’
Pizza Fusion has put out a press release saying that its approach to “environmentally-friendly” dining has received industry validation because of Subway’s recent green announcement and that it has “a new found sense of accomplishment.” Pizza Fusion, which launched its franchise program in February, has sold 55 franchises in seven states. The company requires all […]
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission yesterday approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years, The New York Sun reports. Taxis beginning service in October 2008 must achieve at least 25 city miles a gallon, and in 2009 new taxis must achieve 30 […]
The Effie Awards is launching a green category that will be sponsored by Discovery’ Network’s Planet Green. The Green Effie will recognize the most effective green marketing campaign (sustainability, healthy lifestyle, energy conservation, green products or services, green business alignment, etc.).With the green category, the criteria for effective marketing will single out “brands that are […]
California can set its own standards on greenhouse-gas emissions from vehicles, a federal judge in Fresno has ruled, The San Jose Mercury News reports. The state still needs permission from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement the rules. This is the second time this year that courts have ruled against the auto industry’s bid […]
UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer has voiced concern about the pace of the Bali climate negotiations. He explained that many of the outstanding issues taken into the high-level segment had been linked to each other, thereby creating an “an all-or-nothing situation,” and that if the work on a future agreement was not completed in […]
IBM touted Project Big Green to the media and entertainment industry at the Hollywood Goes Green conference earlier this week. The company said that blockbuster films and the emerging online game market, are two examples of key industries that rely on high performance technologies to power “virtual backlot studios,” technologies that rely on data centers […]
Sixty-seven percent of consumers polled across six countries – Australia, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States – would be more willing to pay for eco-friendly energy, according to Plugging in the Consumer: Innovating utility business models for the future, a report from IBM Global Business Services that forecasts how changes […]
Sears and Kmart plan to begin phasing out products and packaging containing PVC, commonly known as vinyl. Wal-Mart and Target are other top retailers who have made similar pledges – Target’s policy was just announced last month. The Center for Health, Environment and Justice has been leading a campaign to rid retailers of PVC. Sears […]
A new study examines the progress of ten global corporations against a comparative five-stage sustainability framework and suggests a direct correlation between leader mindsets and sustainability success. Many companies are missing a critical step in their sustainability journey, according to Leadership and the Corporate Sustainability Challenge: Mindsets in Action, issued by international consultancy Avastone Consulting. […]
Greenpeace has turned up the heat on game console makers by launching a campaign that it hopes will get gamers to persuade Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft to make their products greener, MarketingVOX reports. The organization’s Guide to Greener Electronics gave Nintendo a zero rating last month. Greenpeace says major console makers lag behing PC and […]
An energy bill that included an increase in fuel-economy standards passed the Senate by a margin of 86-8 yesterday, The New York Times reports. Provisions of the legislation that passed the House and would have repealed more than $13 billion in tax breaks to oil companies as well as a requirement that utilities produce 15 […]
The US and EU are close to a compromise at the UN climate conference, AP reports. The conference had been deadlocked over the EU suggestion of a goal of reducing emissions by between 25 percent and 40 percent below 1990 levels by 2020. But now, a deal seems to be within reach. “On the brink […]
Climate Counts has released green rankings for consumer shipping companies. DHL and the U.S. Postal Service received the highest marks. DHL led the sector with a score of 45 (out of 100), followed by the U.S. Postal Service with a score of 43. UPS was next, scoring a 39, with FedEx lagging behind its competitors, […]
Ethical Corporation has selected 15 individuals from business, politics and civil society that the magazine feels has done the most for responsible business in 2007: 1. Stuart Rose, Chief executive, Marks & Spencer, UK retailer Marks & Spencer. 2. Lee Scott, Chief executive, Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer. 3. Patrick Cescau, Chief executive, Unilever, the […]
Summary of the speech by Al Gore at the Climate Change Conference.
BT has won the top accolade at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ annual UK Awards for Sustainability Reporting. Transparent disclosures on its overall strategy along with the key CSR risks and opportunities for the business, helped give BT an edge, according to judges. The Group was also praised for its efforts to outline the […]
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWA’s corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwest’s program […]
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report […]
Last week, Recycline, an eco-friendly consumer-products company based in Waltham, MA, won the grand prize of the Forbes.com Boost Your Business contest. Recycline received the award – and grand prize of $100,000 – during a reception at The Forbes Galleries in New York City. Recycline makes a range of consumer products, such as toothbrushes, razors […]
Over the weekend, in a matter of minutes, the U.S. rejected and then accepted a compromise at Bali that sets the stage for global warming negotiations that will end in 2009, CNN reports. The head of the U.S. delegation, Paula Dobriansky, undersecretary of state for democracy and global affairs, announced (CNN Video) the U.S. was […]